Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Valuable or Tatt?

On 25/08/2019 12:31, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 25 Aug 2019 10:26:22 GMT, John
wrote:

I have a couple of "porcelean" vase ornaments - from the clearing of the
loft.

Not sure if they have any value or not. Is ther a site I can upload a photo
to to get an opinion from someone knowlegable?

Does it have a maker's name or mark on the bottom. If so, look on eBay
for items made by the same mfr to at least get a crude and ball-park
idea of value. Or simple google for the maker. If no maker's mark,
they're probably not worth much. Even if there is a mark, if the items
are chipped, cracked or otherwise damaged, it can seriously affect the
value. Also, your local auctioneer may do free valuations if you take
them in to be valued, with no obligation.

Even if no makers' name, putting a reasonable description into eBay may
well give you a good idea.