Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Microchip cat flap

On 24/08/2019 21:20, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 24 Aug 2019 12:03:15 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Saturday, 24 August 2019 19:53:46 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
I wonder how many fewer cat owners there would be if they were held
responsible, like the owners of most other pets / livestock?

You might find out whether allegations that cats are witches' familiars are true ;-)

I don't think they are g, just that the legislation hasn't been
changed to deal with them (or more accurately, their owners) properly
, now the technology is available.

Not just DNA but fenceless barriers (buried wires and vibrating
collars) / whatever.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. To the people who own cats and dogs ... does their dog get on
with all cats or just theirs? I ask because we have never had a cat
(anywhere in the family) but talking to someone the other day, she
said their dog get's on fine with their cat but 'hates' all other
cats? I imagined that if a dog was cat friendly that would apply
across the board?

Similarly, I let the dogs out into Mums back garden earlier where
daughters two rabbits were out in their (open topped) run. Both dogs
rushed down there and barked once or twice at the rabbits laying out
in the sun right by the wire but the rabbits hardly moved. One rabbit
did get up and was nose to nose with the dog though the wire before
both got on with doing their own thing. However, take a 'different'
dog round there and the rabbits behave very differently, running for
cover (initially anyway).

Whilst out walking the dogs we have come across the odd cat that
stands it's ground if the dogs go for it barking etc (on their leads)
and I wonder if that's down to the cat being stupidly brave (the
terrier probably wouldn't hold back) or was familiar with cat friendly
dogs?

I trained my dog to walk at heel and never used a lead unless I had to.

The lack of a lead once caused a very good fight with a park warden when
I was about 19 years old.

--
Adam