Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Microchip cat flap

On Sat, 24 Aug 2019 18:56:49 +0100, ARW
wrote:

On 24/08/2019 00:01, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 20:02:07 +0100, ARW
wrote:

Well I got one and fitted it.

All worked well until today. The cat went outside and decided to sunbath
in a neighbours garden.

Or 'straying' as we would normally call it ... or not being in control
of your animal ... if it was anything other than a cat apparently?

That's the UK law.

Currently.

Get over it.

Nope. It's a matter of human rights.

It's the second most common pet in the UK.

Strange use of the word 'pet' in the same way I'm not sure someone
keeping racing pigeons would call them 'pets' (in the traditional use
of the word).

Smoking was once considered 'acceptable' in public places and I
questioned that point at the time. Again, it seemed that the victims
had no rights. How things have changed. ;-)

Hey, if someone like Firage could muster up enough enthusiasm to get
people to vote for something that was a complete unknown, maybe the
majority of the population who supposedly own 'companion animals' but
allow them free reign over the neighbourhood, might will vote for some
sort of control, or a least enforcement over some responsibility.

Like, get the cat DNA tested and registered, along with the microchip,
and any cat waste found in a garden that doesn't have a cat can be
sent off for testing (the cost born by the cat owner) and they are
then made to clean it up or pay compensation.

I wonder how many fewer cat owners there would be if they were held
responsible, like the owners of most other pets / livestock?

Cheers, T i m