Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim[_89_] Jim[_89_] is offline

Default Microchip cat flap

On Sat, 24 Aug 2019 18:53:01 +0100
ARW wrote:

On 24/08/2019 10:02, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 24 Aug 2019 08:56:35 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

You can buy readers but I believe only vets have access to the
database.

Daughter has access to one and they are quite interesting (to see
where the chips may have migrated to).

Sounds like a daft person to me.

How long would you leave an animal in your garden before you
determined it may be lost / missing?

Still the cat had a holiday and now you can
do her for theft.

I think you will find 'theft' is where someone intentionally
(typically) intends to permanently deny someone some property, often
for their own gain (to keep, use or sell etc).

Given that in this case the 'stolen object' was immediately handed
into the appropriate authorities, I can't see that sticking.

Nor would the charge of cat-napping. ;-)

In fact I think it's a good idea. If everyone who had a stray cat in
their garden was to take it to the vet / council and the owner had
to go and get it and pay for it, maybe the 'owners' would get the
message? And if they were 'wild animals', don't you have to have a
licence to keep them?

Gotta be better than taking them miles away and dumping them off as
the cat is likely to become the same problem somewhere else (to
other people).

The microchip would still give the same home address.

Just bung the cat in a microwave for a few minutes, that'll sort the
chip out.