Posted to uk.d-i-y
jeikppkywk jeikppkywk is offline

Default Stolen motorhome

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 18:10:22 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 11:45:24 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk
wrote:

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 12:25:15 +0100, MrCheerful wrote:

[quoted text muted]

The Thatcham approved steering wheel 'Disc-lock' certainly will slow
them down a lot, and is pretty well protected against an angle
grinder.
Coupled with an alarm with pager it will keep away most thieves.

Except the ones with a low loader and a crane.

That's where ground anchors can help. ;-)

One of my trailers is 'attached' to a tow ball welded to some heavy
steel box, concreted in the ground (with a crossbar at the bottom, heads
of the hitch nuts welded over). If that was right underneath the caravan
/ motor home and over the axle it might also help a bit?

Cheers, T i m

If they really really want it, and can't disable the security without
you, they will take you (or family member) and make you disable it.

Trivial to ensure that they can't do that.

Admittedly it's a rarity. but it happens.

Not with those who have enough of a clue to ensure that that can't happen.

Like I said, at some point you have to think about insurance.

I dont,