Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Power cut

More kit less reliability.. more faults that need to be handled.

I used to design fault resilient systems that are still in telephone
exchanges now so I can assure you that you get to a point where you make
the system less reliable.

I ma all for putting batteries in wind farms as long as I don't have to
pay to fix their problems. I would rather build nukes and not have the
problem in the first place.

Yes well thats the worrying bit and its not happening.

In fact we'll still need as much Fossil capacity around as we ever have
to cope with high pressure windless days..

--
Tony Sayer