Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Marking hex bits to make it easier to find the right one -anyone?

On 23/08/2019 11:53, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 22 August 2019 20:46:47 UTC+1, wrote:
On Thursday, 22 August 2019 17:34:35 UTC+1, NY wrote:
"Chris Green" wrote in message

Does anyone think it would be useful to mark hex bits somehow to make
it easier to find the right one? In particular a way to find the PZ2
that one always wants would be very handy.

Is there any sort of standard colour coding (I've found a few sets
advertised with colour coding but I can't see any sort of consistency).

I was just thinking of marking my PZ bits with a black stripe for PZ0,
brown for PZ1, red for PZ2 and orange for PZ3. (Think resistor colour
codes, they're embedded in my brain so easy for me).

I remember the mnemonic Bye Bye Rosie On You Go Birmingham By Great Western
(or Buy Better Resistors Or Your Grid Bias May Go West - Mauve rather than
Violet). There's also Bad Boys Ring Our Young Girls But Vicky Goes Without
or Bad Boys Ring Our Young Girls But Vicky Gives Willingly (anyone know
Vicky's phone number?)

The difficult part is remember which way the Black and Brown go in the
mnemonic!

very pc compared to the usual mnemonic

I couldn't rememeber the usual mnemonics, I found it easier to rember the colours but one going around my school (perhaps Harry started it) was

Black Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Vrigins Grow Wise.

It's been years since I've seen pink on a resitor IIRC if the last band was pink it meant 20% tolerence.

I thought they just had no band for 20%

--
Max Demian