Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Stolen motorhome

They took it to a spot some three miles away. Police said they left there
to see if it was being tracked. If it was still there a couple of days
later, they'd move it on.

I believe that is common practice.

The was a car in a pub car park that I work at the other morning. CCTV
showed it been parked up and the driver not going into the pub. Leaving
cars in a pub car park overnight is quite common around here
(I have no idea how common it is elsewhere) but the landlord usually
knows the car's owner.

It was stolen (keys taken from a house burglary)

--
Adam