Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Stolen motorhome

Oddly, it seems this £50 grand vehicle didn't come with an alarm system
fitted. Unlike every car I've owned in the last 30 years. It was parked
close enough for the alarm to have been heard.

Depending on the insurance company, vehicle (make and value), the
insurers have different requirements.

I'm a bit surprised their insurers didn't expect a Thatcham 1 alarm for
the vehicle you describe, even though as motorhomes go it isn't one of
the more expensive ones.

Ford based ones seem to have been especially targeted recently- at least
one of the insurers sent a circular out regarding changes in conditions.
It didn't impact us so I don't recall the details.