Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Stolen motorhome

Oddly, it seems this £50 grand vehicle didn't come with an alarm system
fitted. Unlike every car I've owned in the last 30 years. It was parked
close enough for the alarm to have been heard.

Police have been good for once, and checked it for fingerprints and did
DNA swabs - seems the thieves were likely wearing gloves.

AA were also very good and got it started and followed them home with it.

Just waiting on the insurance company to see what will be done.
Continental holiday starting next week likely cancelled.

The £60,000 one was round the back being washed. I'll remind him
of the thatcham diskloc.

He sold his 1986 Fiat? camper van quite quickly. A similar one
reg in 1988 with a petrol engine and no MOT (needed welding) opposite
went for £850 on ebay. People pay silly prices for them. The buyer
just broke it up for parts (after driving it from W Sussex to
Leicester, on trade plates).