Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Default Stolen motorhome

In article ,
MrCheerful wrote:
Mate has just had his brand new camper van stolen from outside his house.
Luckily, it has a tracker, and they located it about 3 miles away. Lots of
damage done to the electrics and so on. But they obviously managed to
drive it away, without the keys. So much for immobilisers.

Would a crook lock thingie or wheel clamp have made any difference in
these days of battery angle grinders?

The Thatcham approved steering wheel 'Disc-lock' certainly will slow
them down a lot, and is pretty well protected against an angle grinder.
Coupled with an alarm with pager it will keep away most thieves.

That's the one I was thinking of. Neighbour uses one on their replacement
Disco. ;-) Thanks. Wasn't sure how angle grinder proof it was.

I would not bother with the old krooklok style locks as they are very
easy to remove and make an ideal tool to break the ign. steering lock.

--
*Gaffer tape - The Force, light and dark sides - holds the universe together*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.