Java Man (Espressopithecus)

Default Cutting bottom of baseboard while it is still on the wall

In article ,
says...
~ I want to install laminate flooring in a room with existing vinyl. I
~ don't think I will have enough of a gap after I remove the vinyl so
~ that the baseboard can act as a 1/4" expansion gap. So..... is there a
~ tool that will allow me to rip a long section of baseboard or am I
~ stuck using the quarter rounds?
~
Our builder got things out of sync, and the baseboards in the
basement stairwell and downstairs hallway were final painted before
the laminate was installed. Doh!

His idea for a solution was to install quarter round against the
baseboards. I thought this was a terrible idea! We had selected a
very nice 6 inch baseboard, and the thought of *defiling* it with
quarter round was *disgusting*. He suggested letting him install it,
and if I didn't like it, he would remove it and refinish all the
baseboards at his expense. What the hell, I thought, why not? It
turned out looking very nice, and we agreed to leave it. Maybe it
wouldn't look so bad at your place? Why not get a piece of quarter
round and see what it looks like before deciding?

Rick