Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default When did the meaning of traffic lights change?

On Thursday, 22 August 2019 22:55:33 UTC+1, NY wrote:
"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , NY wrote:

(*) Or even "the middle finger" - modern people can't even swear in
British
and have to resort to American!

And they can't even get *that* right. The "finger" is made by splaying
the hand, then retracting (folding over) the three non-middle fingers.

That's bloody difficult to do, rather like trying to do the "live long and
prosper" Vulcan Salute from Star Trek.

Which is quite easy with a little practice. I can move all my fingers independantly. It just takes practice.

Some people can move their earlobe, but of rmost peole this muscle is so rarely used it becomes useless a few years after birth because w ejust no longer need them as we've evolved to not need to move our ears unlike a lot of animal species who do.

What's the use of an abusive sign where you have to prepare in advance and
try it several times to get it right. You need something that you can do
immediately and instinctively - like the V sign.

Exactly make sure you use the V sign at least once a day. :-)