Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mystery metal grains? Cobalt?

"Ignoramus2085" wrote in message
On 2019-08-22, Jon Elson wrote:
On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 18:53:13 -0500, Ignoramus16448 wrote:

Found a few lbs of it in an induction furnace that I bought for
$30...

Pictu

https://www.machinerymoverschicago.c...tery-metal.jpg

These are oxidized metal grains. The oxidation color is bluish and
most
closely resembles blueberries, though I am somewhat color blind.

Any idea what this metal is? Could it be cobalt?

Cobalt is ferromagnetic, so unless it is fully oxidized, it would
be
magnetic.

Jon

So it is not cobalt... no attraction to magnet...

Perhaps the light blue color came from oxidized copper plating?
https://www.skylighter.com/products/copper-carbonate