Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Marking hex bits to make it easier to find the right one - anyone?

On Wednesday, 21 August 2019 21:16:04 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
Does anyone think it would be useful to mark hex bits somehow to make
it easier to find the right one? In particular a way to find the PZ2
that one always wants would be very handy.

Is there any sort of standard colour coding (I've found a few sets
advertised with colour coding but I can't see any sort of consistency).

I was just thinking of marking my PZ bits with a black stripe for PZ0,
brown for PZ1, red for PZ2 and orange for PZ3. (Think resistor colour
codes, they're embedded in my brain so easy for me). Then maybe a
single colour for all Philips and another for slotted as these are
less frequently used.

I had a simialr situation with keys so decided to stamp them with a number.
Perhaps hex keys though would be too tough to stamp.

--
Chris Green
ยท