Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Brexit going well, eh? LOL

On 22/08/2019 00:08, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 21/08/2019 21:46, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Stephen Cole" wrote in message
Steve Walker wrote:
On 20/08/2019 15:25, Stephen Cole wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Trying to use children with cancer as political ammunition
is beneath
contempt Steve.

I'm in favour of children with cancer having an unbroken
supply of
medication. Why aren't you, Brian?

Just children, then? Other cancer patients don't matter?

Women and children first, OM. First law of chivalry. HTH.

That might make sense now, but I have often thought that in the
past it
would have meant the husband/father dying and his dependents
finding
themselves destitute.

Perhaps, but I think it has an explanation if you consider
biology; the
genetic imperative demands that a person's (the man's) offspring
are
protected and nurtured well enough by them to ensure the
continuation of
the genetic line, so "women and children first" and a husband
sacrificing
himself to save them makes sense in that regard.

That line cant really fly given that if the wife and brats don't
survive, the male can just get another wife and produce more
brats and continue the line that way. The wife and brats without
the male arent likely to be able to survive without him.

but it would be best for them to cast off a headcase like cole .....

That’s very arguable. It’s the head cases that change the world.

for the worse ....

Not necessarily. Tesla was a head case and changed the world for the
better.

he won't last long

Nikola Tesla did, 90 years in fact.

sorry I thought you meant that Musk bloke...did tesla not die
pennyless?......