Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Stumpie out of Greenland

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/21/2019 01:51 AM, micky wrote:
I'll get to the pending political questions asked of me etc. asap, but
just wanted to point out that Stumpie has cancelled a visit to Greenland
because the head of government there called his plan to buy it "absurd".

Apparently the doofus really thought it would be for sale. What a
jackass.

About half-way through:
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens...tion-1.5253191
Buy Canada
One American professor thinks it's ridiculous that President Trump wants
to buy Greenland — when there's a nice property with a huge yard called
"Canada," just to the north of the U.S., that he should buy instead.

Truman, another Dim Democrat, floated out a proposal to buy Greenland.
When Seward wen shopping in 1865 he bought the Virgin Islands from Denmark
and Alaska from Russia. He had his eye on Greenland but the deal fell
through.

It might be a step up for Greenland. Denmark treats it as an out of sight
out of mind, semi-autonomous region. The population is about 90% Inuit and
it has the highest suicide rate in the world. Oddly, more people kill
themselves in the summer.

That’s when the midges are biting, stupid.

It has sentimental value for Denmark. At one time Denmark controlled
Sweden, Norway, and a chunk of Germany. There's not much left of its
former glory except Greenland.