Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Arthur Clive Arthur is offline

Default Audio cassette to mp3

On 20/08/2019 23:59, TimW wrote:
A half a dozen of old cassettes of speech need to be digitised for
archive purposes. I could maybe get the old hifi out of the cupboard and
the cassette deck might work. How do I then connect that to a PC? Could
use a windows or linux machine. Would that be better than a £20 usb
cassette player from amazon?:
Learn mo
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076PFJK..._IOhxDb00BE8TF
When I have an audio file I think I could remove a bit of hiss with
audacity or similar. Would that be 'job done'?
TW

I used a cheap cassette to USB thing (an Ion Tape Express) and it worked
no problem, the software was easy to use. I suspect the fi isn't very
hi, but in this case it was also speech and not great quality in the
first place.

Cheers
--
Clive