Posted to alt.home.repair

Default FOX NEWS: Recession Coming? What Economists think

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 03:19:49 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at 3:51:32 AM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message
On 8/20/2019 1:16 PM, jeikppkywk wrote:

"Frank" "frank wrote in message
On 8/20/2019 9:40 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/20/2019 04:04 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
U.S. Steel Plans to Lay off Hundreds of Workers in Michigan

https://news.yahoo.com/u-steel-lay-o...001654862.html
Hard to compete with Bangladesh when using green power and watching
your CO2.

Just heard someone pointing out that the manufacturing sector s only
about 10% of our economy which seems a little low to me

Nope, its accurate.

but they also said that the services sector which is the major part is
booming and on balance the job market is very good.

And thats proven by the very low unemployment rate.

Aren't minimum wage jobs nice?

Hordes of them arent minimum wage jobs.

Some 50-year-old gets laid off from his factory job isn't going to get
a new job programming computers. He's going to get a job in retail,
provided his town survives the plant closure.

But feel free to keep shoveling your fantasy bull****.

Cindy Hamilton

Anyone in a union factory job right now in the US who thinks his job
is safe may be too stupid to do anything else. Otherwise he would have
been learning another skill years ago so when that factory closes, and
it will, he can still find a decent job even if he has to move.

OTOH my BIL is making almost as much in retail as he did in his
Chrysler job after all of the concessions UAW made before they closed
the line anyway. (Kokomo IN)