Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default I don't think LED is the answer for this one

"ARW" wrote in message
Swapping 1000W HQI fittings for 240W LEDs.

And any chance it could mess up any filming due to strobe effects?

Quite possibly. Philips Hue bulbs seem to be remarkably constant, and I have
a desk lamp with several banks of LEDs which is fine except on the very
dimmest setting when I imagine there is no overlap between one bank and
another. Not that I use them for filming, but being curious, I investigated
with my mobile phone, my compact camera and my SLR camera, each on video
setting.

A lot depends on the shutter speed that that camera uses for each frame.
Proper camcorders tend to default to the maximum exposure time (1/25 second)
which gives smoother motion at the expense of blurred movement. GoPro type
cameras tend to use the shortest shutter speed that the light level will
allow, to give sharp frames in case you want to analyse frame by frame, but
this leads to disturbing artefacts on motion - eg aircraft propellers that
have disembodied blades. A short shutter speed is more likely to give
venetian blind type flickering with LEDs.