Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Commodore 1702 Monitor, Intermittent Display Issue

My position is that as a hobbyist, I have two (2) responsibilities when dealing with *my* vintage equipment:

a) That it is as safe as may be practical/possible given its type and vintage. This means that _every_ electrolytic and/or wax/paper cap.

b) Presumably, I will not be the 'last owner' of my goodies - so what I have done, and how I have done it becomes a matter of communication with the future.

These devices are appliances - and we are not limited to using vintage parts and pieces, we are not limited to ancient practices either.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA