Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default Commodore 1702 Monitor, Intermittent Display Issue

On 8/19/19 7:30 AM, wrote:
On Friday, 16 August 2019 14:32:30 UTC+1, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

It's not called shotgunning, it's called not wasting my time.

based on a sample of one.
What's appropriate varies a lot. Some are better not messed with,
some are best with papers replaced & lytics kept, some are basket
cases that need every cap changing from the start, some want some
bits changing and some there's no erasn to, etc.
One approach suits all is the typical fool's guide.

NT

Do you argue because you're ignorant, or because like Arlen you just
want to hear yourself prattle on?

Apparently, some people think troubleshooting means wasting time
finding "that one part" while risking collateral damage to the thing
on the bench when the "there was more than one" suddenly fails.

The other reasons are equally fraudulent.
"My time is VERY important, I can't be arsed to replace something."
Or, "I saved $0.45 not replacing a part that hasn't failed yet."

Or the hacks that leave the old leads and make hook splices or use
Kwiggs(tm) to install the new parts. "But the old terminal might
fall/come apart if I try removing the old lead." I guess that just
shows a lack of skill on their part.

But go ahead and tell me again how you know everything and the rest
of us are just too stupid to pour **** out of a boot with the
instructions on the heel.

--
"I am a river to my people."