Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Used Granite

On 18/08/2019 22:43, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 21:30:03 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 18/08/2019 21:08, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 16/08/2019 12:02, wrote:
Indeed.Â* However, many "granite" worktops are not made of granite
but some other rock which often is absorbent.

Granite worktops I could believe. There are some damn great big
lumps of
granite about. But one company tried to sell us a quartz worktop...
which I don't believe.

quartz is great, I've got a bathroom kitted out in quartz tiles

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odds%20and%.../Bathroom3.jpg

The kitchen has stippled surface jet black sold granite

http://www.larksrise.com/Project%20P...n/XCD_0004.JPG

http://www.larksrise.com/Project%20P...n/XCD_0006.JPG

Very nice. But "granite", not granite. Granites are light coloured -
grey or pink, even red. But not black. Probably basalt or gabbro.

Basalt. Definitely not gabbro.

Really?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabbro#Uses

"It is also used in kitchens and their countertops, also under the
misnomer of 'black granite'"