Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Rely on technology too much

wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 03:56:47 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
On Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 12:04:24 AM UTC-4, Xeno wrote:

Not at all. If I wasn't carrying a phone, I wouldn't need one. My home
phone now is redundant since I took up mobiles 2 decades+ ago. The only
reason I have a home phone is that it is part of a default bundled
internet plan. People can now reach me whereas it was nigh on
impossible
with only a home phone available. It has to be said, I make very few
outgoing calls, even now. Just Doctor appointments, travel
arrangements,
etc.

My bundled internet came with phone. The only time a phone has ever
been plugged in was to test one that I was taking to my mother's house
to diagnose trouble with her internet phone.

My husband and I use our cell phones exclusively.

I do too now, but there are still a few who only have my landline
number so I still have a phone on that line. Only ever get a spam
call on it every couple of weeks or so now. Maybe one call from
someone who only has my landline number every couple of years.

If you ported your land line over to your cell phone

Not possible to do that here. We have a separate
block of numbers for cellphones and landlines.

you will get as many robo calls as anyone else in that LATA.

There is no LATA here.

They dial all 10,000 numbers.

Not here they don't. I don't get any robo calls at all on my cellphone.