Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Used Granite

On 18/08/2019 21:08, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 16/08/2019 12:02, wrote:
Indeed.Â* However, many "granite" worktops are not made of granite
but some other rock which often is absorbent.

Granite worktops I could believe. There are some damn great big lumps of
granite about. But one company tried to sell us a quartz worktop...
which I don't believe.

quartz is great, I've got a bathroom kitted out in quartz tiles

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odds%20and%.../Bathroom3.jpg

The kitchen has stippled surface jet black sold granite

http://www.larksrise.com/Project%20P...n/XCD_0004.JPG

http://www.larksrise.com/Project%20P...n/XCD_0006.JPG

(we went with acrylic, with mica flakes to make it look pretty. Trouble
is you can't see crumbs on it.)

Good practical work top

Andy

--
"Nature does not give up the winter because people dislike the cold."

ۥ Confucius