Tom Miller

Default electricity on my water pipes

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:18:29 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

| Barking....Hmm, that reminded me that we've had some bad things
| happening to dogs here in Red Sox country this winter due to pavement
| surface electrification caused by leakage from damaged buried power
| lines. That's a subject I never knew about before things started going
| whacko here.

In Beantown you got dogs getting zapped, but here in Yankee country we
got people:

(New York-WABC, January 19, 2004) — The medical examiner has confirmed
that a woman who died while walking her dogs in the East Village
Friday night was electrocuted.

He says 30-year-old Jodie Lane stepped on an electrified metal plate
covering a Consolidated Edison utility box on 11th Street and First
Avenue.

Witnesses say the victim was electrocuted as she was trying to help
her dogs, who were barking and fighting each other in reaction to fear
and pain after they stepped on the plate.

The pets survived the electrical shock. A police officer who tried to
help Lane had to be treated after being shocked, too, but authorities
say she will be okay.