Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Brexit achieved?

On 18/08/2019 19:45, nightjar wrote:
On 18/08/2019 16:48, nightjar wrote:
On 17/08/2019 19:19, harry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpnU...5bngutC Bhjpc

AIUI the Court is being asked to decide a point of law. If so, the
government is not on trial and does not need to mount a defence. What
it has done is to present a case to the Court. However, withdrawing
that case does not necessarily affect the decision of the Court.
Either the extension was lawful or it was unlawful and that is what
it will rule on.

It is a British court. It has no power to judge on the extension which
comes under international law, ...

You seem to be confusing the extension granted by the EU with the change
of date of leaving under UK law. The latter is the extension being
challenged.

There is no 'date of leaving under UK law'

If UK law is supreme, we never joined the EU in the first place!

We signed a treaty. By the terms of that treaty which supercedes UK law,
we havent left.

its shoes.