Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Rely on technology too much

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
On Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 12:04:24 AM UTC-4, Xeno wrote:

Not at all. If I wasn't carrying a phone, I wouldn't need one. My home
phone now is redundant since I took up mobiles 2 decades+ ago. The only
reason I have a home phone is that it is part of a default bundled
internet plan. People can now reach me whereas it was nigh on impossible
with only a home phone available. It has to be said, I make very few
outgoing calls, even now. Just Doctor appointments, travel arrangements,
etc.

My bundled internet came with phone. The only time a phone has ever
been plugged in was to test one that I was taking to my mother's house
to diagnose trouble with her internet phone.

My husband and I use our cell phones exclusively.

I do too now, but there are still a few who only have my landline
number so I still have a phone on that line. Only ever get a spam
call on it every couple of weeks or so now. Maybe one call from
someone who only has my landline number every couple of years.