Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New Bandsaw - (NEW new)

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
I've wanted a small top-handle arborist chainsaw for a long time but
couldn't justify the cost of a Stihl, Husky or Echo. This is on
order, hope it's as decent as the reviews suggest. Amazon's price
jumped after I ordered it.
https://www.amazon.com/Farmertec-Jon.../dp/B07NZ4JTDT

So far so good. It's light, balanced and cuts well without grabbing
too much on small stuff. I wanted it to cut up kindling-sized wood,
fallen branches and sawmill scrap, that is too big for a lopper and
jams my larger chainsaws. I cut on sawbucks so there's an upright post
between the chainsaw and my other hand holding and feeding the wood.

The housing is all plastic that doesn't impress me as tough enough to
bounce around in a truck bed. The screws thread directly into the
plastic and two were stripped so I replaced them with larger #8s.
Even Huztl doesn't offer parts for it:
https://www.huztl.net/Search-joncutter+parts.html