Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default how do I replace rotted bottom plate on my shed

I got my shed reroofed this summer. The roofer replaced some rotted sheathing on the roof and side. I don't do roofs, at my age my balance isn't reliable.

Now I see the bottom plate is rotted on a couple of sides. We had the rainiest fall in history, and I had a roof leak in that area.

What is the method to replace that? Or is there a work around? It looks like to replace it I'd have to jack the top plate, cut studs, and insert a new bottom? Or is there a better way? This is one I've never worked on.