Posted to uk.d-i-y
jeikppkywk jeikppkywk is offline

Default Really OT Am I the only person that wants to

"Dave W" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 12:16:08 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 15/08/2019 20:03, Dave W wrote:
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 12:32:19 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I don't even know who she is....
Brian

Neither do I. Nothing in this thread tells me.

have you really missed all the 'eXtinction rebellion'
protests at Oxford Circus, Heathrow and the DLR ?.

Yes I have. I don't watch the news, because it goes on and on, talking
heads adding nothing to the story, and nothing I can do about it. The
OP didn't say why he hates her, so there's no reason I should bother
searching the internet, just as I never click on Harry's unexplained
links.

The only news I look at is the quick summary text on BBC's red button.

Do you feel that you are suffficiently in touch with
events to have the right to vote in an important election ?.

Unlike the rival Brexit factions who both 'know' exactly what will
happen either way, calling the other faction cretins, I have no idea,
and nobody can predict the future. That does not deny me the right to
vote. Voting is always a lottery.

I've just looked up 'extinction rebellion' and see it's about climate
change. I agree that the warming is mainly due to man, but to stop
it would require everybody in the whole world to do something.

Nope, what some places do is completely irrelevant. Even if say
Australia stopped all power generation tomorrow and banned
all car and air travel and returned to just walking instead, it would
make absolutely no difference what so ever to world temperatures.
Even when its economy collapsed completely as a consequence.

But there's not much incentive to spend your money when
the benefits only become apparent long after you're dead.

Or when places like that soggy little frigid island are
much better off when its quite a bit warmer there.

The effects can be slowed down slightly,

Even that's arguable even if say all power generation
was shut down and replaced by nothing but nukes.

but ultimately the world is doomed.

That's bull**** too. Plenty do fine with much higher temps
than are seen in europe and even if sea levels did rise by
hundreds of feet again once all ice had melted forever,
we say hundreds of millions migrate to the americas over
time and it would be much easier for them to move to
higher ground or do what the dutch have done. Sure,
that would be a problem for places like Bangladesh
and plenty of islands, but that's nothing like doomed.