Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] reneeontheway@gmail.com is offline

Default Stripping bark from cedar for rustic furniture

On Tuesday, August 20, 2002 at 2:57:15 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Is there an easy way to strip bark from cedar, etc. branches
for rustic furniture? Sometimes the inner layers
stick...currently using a sharp paring knife, but my had and
wrist really hurt the day after working. Will soaking
branches cause them to crack when they dry? Is oil useful?
Is there a modern tool that would be my 'dream come true'?

Posted at http://www.woodworking.com
The Internet's most complete woodworking resource.

Found this nice article on stripping cedar bark:

https://northernwoodlands.org/articl...e/peeling_logs