Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Open Banking - what?

On 17/08/2019 15:29, charles wrote:
In article ,
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
On 17 Aug 2019 13:14:01 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
One of my bank accounts is pestering me to join 'Open Banking'. Anyone
know anything about it please?

I think its about sharing customer data with other banks so that they can
offer/pester you with better deals. Supposed to make banks more
competitive. Personally I have no intention of allowing my bank to share
my data like this.

I think it is supposed to make it possible for third aprty apps to show
you a financial overview. I don't trust them not to leak information - I
was in the big Experian data breach so I am wary of sharing anything.

I would avoid giving anything to Natwest.

A charity of chich I am chairman is trying to change the signatoies on our
account. so far 3 months have passed. We call them NatWorst

Try HSBC or Santander - they are quite good of the high street banks.
HSBC are officious about money laundering (but then they all are now).
Failure to comply with their enquiries in a timely manner can result in
your charities bank account being frozen. Happened to a VH I know.

I always kept copies of all mandates submitted to NatWest and Barclays
together with the date they were handed to the bank since more often
than not they would swear blind never to have received them.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown