Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Machining a groove in wood

In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
I have a 800mm piece of wood that I want to cut a 5mm wide grove in (to a
depth of about 6mm).

I don‘t have a router but I do have a cheap pillar drill. Is there a bit
that I could use (with a suitable guide for my wood) that would let me
”route• with my drill?

(The wood in question is one leg of a ”tripod• base Ikea lamp. The power
cord dangles down the middle at present and I think it would look a whole
lot better if I could hide the wire along the inside of one leg.)

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/lauters...hite-40405046/

Have you got a circular saw? Two cuts to the correct depth and chisel out
the waste.

--
*Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.