Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Open Banking - what?

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

One of my bank accounts is pestering me to join 'Open Banking'. Anyone
know anything about it please?

So far I don't make use of it, but it lets you give access to your
account(s) to other systems, e.g. I think my barclays app on the phone
could show the balance of the santander account.

At the moment, I export transaction data as QIF files and suck it into
my accounting system, the accounting system can use openbanking APIs to
do the same thing ... except not with santander for some reason.