Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq[_2_] Archibald Tarquin  Blenkinsopp Esq[_2_] is offline

Default Open Banking - what?

On 17 Aug 2019 13:14:01 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
One of my bank accounts is pestering me to join 'Open Banking'. Anyone
know anything about it please?

I think it’s about sharing customer data with other banks so that they can
offer/pester you with better deals. Supposed to make banks more
competitive. Personally I have no intention of allowing my bank to share
my data like this.

Tim

I would avoid giving anything to Natwest.

They lost all my personal data.

They assured me my data was secure, although how anyone that loses the
stuff can state that beats me.

I settled for £100-00 and closed my account with one of their cabal
due to the fiasco.

Useless bloody shower, didn't even have a branch phone contact number.

There's a fine line between fishing
and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

~Steven Wright