Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Curing persistent smoke damage?

On Saturday, 17 August 2019 08:49:00 UTC+1, Broadback wrote:
A couple of years ago I had a serious fire, the most damage was in the
kitchen, the source of the fire. The bathroom, which was little
affected, had a small area of smoke damage on the white emulsion wall.
Despite several attempts to get rid of it by re-emulsioning and sealing
with PVA the affected area, after a few weeks the marks re-appear. Any
suggestions please for a permanents solution? I really do not wish to
remove the plaster and re-plaster.

You just need a different sealer, PVA doesn't work for everything. Aluminium flake paint is used for fire damage.

NT