Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob D[_2_] Bob D[_2_] is offline

Default Who Makes Blast Gates That Don't Get Clogged?

On Friday, August 16, 2019 at 11:07:31 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 8/14/2019 7:22 PM, Bob D wrote:
On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 1:54:23 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
I don't use nor will I probably ever use blast gates. I do not have a
multi man shop so I only need to use my DC for ONE tool at a time. I
have a 30' long flex hose that comes directly from the DC to any of the
6 machines that use the 4" connection. The ends are flared so hood up
is instant.

My set up is just toooooo easy and efficient for me to consider
complicating with Y's or blast gates.

My shop has become so crowded. All of my collection hoses drop from the ceiling. If I had to run a hose across the floor, I would have to hang from the ceiling to operate my tablesaw. :-). But you've already seen my mess.

Bob

LOL, so Bob If you will recall my hose goes up to the a 2x4 fitted
between one of the garage door rails. The DC hose hangs from there
normally. If I need long, 30', I take the hose down from the hanger
hooks and lay it on the floor.

How is that Ridgeline working for you?

We bought this a couple of days ago.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

You've got 50% more space than me, and I've got 50% more junk (counting the two recently acquired recumbent trikes). :-)

The ridgeline is proving to be perfect (for me). Its not for someone who wants a big truck.

I like your new truck.