Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What Worries Iceland? A World Without Ice. It Is Preparing.

On 16/08/2019 14:12, tim... wrote:

"David P" wrote in message
What Worries Iceland? A World Without Ice. It Is Preparing.
As rising temperatures drastically reshape Icelands landscape,
businesses and the government are spending millions for survival and
profit.
By Liz Alderman, Aug. 9, 2019,Â* NY Times

HÖFN, Iceland €” From the offices of the fishing operation founded by
his family two generations ago, Adalsteinn Ingólfsson has watched the
massive Vatnajökull glacier shrink year after year. Rising
temperatures have already winnowed the types of fish he can catch.

Good that it took an Icelander to teach me a new word

Pity that it doesn't mean what he mean it to me

Dictionary says "to blow a current of air through in order to remove the
chaff"Â* (that's literally, not metaphorically)

tim

I guess they are due for an 'eruption'

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)