Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Windpower

Only the EU is insisting on 'renewables' We are leaving the EU.

I will believe that when I see it...

There is
no earthly reason why we would therefore schackle ourselves to expensive
mediaeval technology when we will have control of our own nuclear
authority.

Then we can go buy it from the French (since we killed our indigenous
nuclear generation expertise with decades of dithering and pandering to
NIMBYs)

I'm also very dubious of the suitability of hydrogen as a fuel for
cars due to the problems TNP mention earlier, i.e. volume, leaks and
maybe explosion risk. .

Exactly. Far better to make synthetic diesel. With nukes.

Yup, don't want to miss out on all those lovely particulates and nitrous
oxides.

--
Cheers,

John.