Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Timber frame refurb

On Thursday, 15 August 2019 22:20:23 UTC+1, DJC wrote:
On 14/08/2019 23:14, Ben wrote:
Hi all first post 👍🏻 Be nice!

Bought our house 4 years ago, its liveable but theres lots I want to do,
but with 2 kids 2 & 4 its hard to find the time.

Ripped out the bathroom around 2 years ago, really happy with how that
turned
out!
Next project is where I need some advice, Im starting on the living
room in
4 weeks, currently 6.0m long 3.6m wide.

The plan is create a living room approx 3.6 x 3.6, a study approx 2.4 x 2.4
the rest of the space will be a mid landing.

I started ripping plasterboard off to get a head start on the stud
walls, the
2 external walls were fine no issues, 1 external wall was fine, my first
issue
and questions are around the second internal wall which connects to our
neighbour, there are 2 boards deep, im assuming fireboard and plasterboard.

This sounds like a party wall in a modern timber-frame house, in which
case you probably should not be tampering with it at all.

If that's the case, why is the OP pulling it all off?

NT