Jeff Wisnia

Default electricity on my water pipes

Chris Lewis wrote:

snipped

It could even follow line voltage, depending on how much stray conductance
to dirt potential there was, where the break was, etc.

Whatever it is, I hope the reason we haven't heard any more from the OP
isn't because he "rode old sparky" once too often while conducting (pun
intended) his DIY plumbing activities.

Maybe it's really his damp concrete floor that's electrified and we've
all been barking up the wrong tree?

Barking....Hmm, that reminded me that we've had some bad things
happening to dogs here in Red Sox country this winter due to pavement
surface electrification caused by leakage from damaged buried power
lines. That's a subject I never knew about before things started going
whacko here.

The liability lawyers must be licking their chops, and the pet shops
have been sold out of insulating doggy boots for weeks. See:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...ctrocutes_dog/

Jeff

--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)