Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Really OT Am I the only person that wants to

On 14/08/2019 21:00, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp ESQ [IRL] wrote:

Methinks you are gettin the functions "or" and Exclusive "or"
confused.

I assume you mean "inclusive or" and "exclusive or". Plain "or" in
English is ambiguous, and whether it is inclusive or exclusive often has
to be inferred from the context.

Think logically.

AB

Saol fada agus breac-shláinte chugat.

Unless of course you are a Brexit voting moron or
child molester

Well your logic* in wishing long life and fair health to child molesters
who voted remain - or did not vote at all - escapes me.

*In context the "or" is inclusive. But "Brexit voting" modifies both
nouns in the absence of an intervening determiner.
--
Robin