Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Hot water in the shed - long term project.

I have a mains feed to the shed protected by a 40A RCBO.
So full chat at 220 * 40 = 8.8 kW.
Or pushing it, 250 * 40 = 10 kW.

I also have mains water and main drainage.

Looking at electric showers, I guess I could run something like
https://www.screwfix.com/p/triton-en...nual-electric-
shower/52753
if I didn't have anything else major running apart from a light or two.

I was considering a hot water tank and an immersion heater for more total
heat over a slower period but that seems to run to over £200 for a basic
set up.

For hand washing there are what look like shower units without the shower
which makes me wonder if there is a way to divert the shower to the hand
basin and use the same unit.

However this seems to get good ratings
https://www.screwfix.com/p/redring-m...-stored-water-
heater-1-5kw-6ltr/5314p
and also looks to be an easy install.
At the price it seems to be easier than messing about with a shower.

Any other strategies?

Basic requirements for the shed will be toilet, shower and hand basin (or
possibly larger sink for washing stuff).

Cheers

Dave R

---