Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Robert DAB Radio case repair

newshound wrote:
On 12/08/2019 19:59, Clive Arthur wrote:

Looking on the interweb shows that this is a common problem with these
radios.Â* Roberts used to have a very good name, I suppose they were
bought out and, well, usual story.

Roberts were great in the old days, the one I bought to take to
university in 1967 served me well for many years afterwards. Some time
in the 90's I bought a Roberts DAB radio from John Lewis. It was total crap.

We have several modern Roberts Radios.

I won the first DAB one in a Classic FM competition. Id didnt even
remember entering and it turned up. They have them specially made ( or did)
with a Preset Classic FM button.

We also got a couple of iStreams (i94?). They not only do DAB, FM, but
Internet radio, and DLNA.

We find them all very good. Sound quality is fine, given they are portables
etc. Reception is good.

I especially like the Internet Radio and DLNA function on the i94. There
are a few classical Internet stations I like and the DLNA is ideal to
listen to my media server.

I also have an old Pure One Flow. It also has the Internet/DLNA capability
but there matt covering is peeling. It has an odd finish. The basic case is
normal, hard, plastic. It looks like they applied a matt, rubber like,
coating to it, which is now coming of.