Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Robert DAB Radio case repair

Their second generation was even worse, all the knobs and handles were
covered in a kind of rubberised material and after a couple of years this
goes sticky and leaves black itchy stuff on your skin or gets jammed into
any receptacle you put it in.
This substance is being used everywhere, do not these people realise it is
rubbish.
I remember the old Tandy walkman cases were like you describe, ie, fake
leather that cracked and fell to bits.
Bah humbug.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Clive Arthur" wrote in message
I have a Roberts DAB radio with a traditional style case It seems to be
covered in some fake leather or suede effect stuff with a very thin plastic
skin on some powdery cork-like substance.

The plastic is shedding, it's really badly made. I thought I might get a
second hand faulty one on eBay and swap the innards, but they all seem to
have the same problem.

I can fairly easily remove the plastic coating, but how could I seal the
crumbly substrate?

Cheers
--
Clive