Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Armstrong ceiling tile staple gun

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 23:20:59 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/12/2019 8:25 PM, Thomas wrote:
I put up them fiber ceiling tiles 15 years ago. Had water damage from leak from roof.
The crown molding I just ripped down has a line on the bottom of the wall tile board.
I want to staple or glue new tiles over the old. Is that doable? The new molding will cover the crappy line. If I rip ceiling down, the molding will not cover line. I do not want to mess with the walls.

Two things to consider
1. If they had water damage will they have a mold problem if left in
place?

2. I don't know of any staples long enough to secure a second layer.

Not for an Arrow T-50 style gun but my Bostitch pneumatic will shoot
staples about an inch and a quarter long. For something like soft
ceiling tile I like to run a piece of 16 or 18 gauge wire along the
rib and straddle it with the staple. That ain't going anywhere.