Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Garden shredders

On 12/08/2019 18:59, ARW wrote:
On 12/08/2019 09:55, John Rumm wrote:

The problem I have with compost, is what to do with it! Given my
gardening interest goes about as far as cutting, pruning etc, I never
really find a use for compost, but now after more than ten years of
cutting grass, and managing trees etc, find myself with many cubic
metres of the stuff.

Could you not dry it out between now and November the 5th?

I did accidentally set it on fire once when a nearby bonfire spread into
the heap a bit... It all looked like it was mostly out / dying embers at
bed time, the following morning there was a smokey hedge and the wooden
containment built from old pallets that was previously there was not any
more. I had to leave a sprinkler on it for a couple of days to finally
put it out.

So not entirely sure its something I want to repeat in case I wipe out a
shed, a row of trees, or the gas fired boiler room for the neighbour's pool!

--
Cheers,

John.