Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Robert DAB Radio case repair

On 12/08/2019 16:53, Clive Arthur wrote:
I have a Roberts DAB radio with a traditional style caseÂ* It seems to be
covered in some fake leather or suede effect stuff with a very thin
plastic skin on some powdery cork-like substance.

The plastic is shedding, it's really badly made.Â* I thought I might get
a second hand faulty one on eBay and swap the innards, but they all seem
to have the same problem.

I can fairly easily remove the plastic coating, but how could I seal the
crumbly substrate?

Cheers

Years ago I took my mums old radio and built a plywood case with teak
bvenner in it and some tygan fret loudspeaker cloth. That lasted another
ten years I think

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)