Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Robert DAB Radio case repair

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 16:53:18 +0100, Clive Arthur wrote:

I have a Roberts DAB radio with a traditional style case It seems to be
covered in some fake leather or suede effect stuff with a very thin
plastic skin on some powdery cork-like substance.

The plastic is shedding, it's really badly made. I thought I might get
a second hand faulty one on eBay and swap the innards, but they all seem
to have the same problem.

I can fairly easily remove the plastic coating, but how could I seal the
crumbly substrate?

PVA?